The big result came at Villa Park on Saturday, as Aston Villa came from behind to defeat Chelsea 1-0. Didier Drogba scored in the 15th minute, but Richard Dunne equalized for Villa in the 32nd minute and James Collins put Villa up for good in the 52nd minute.
Chelsea's loss combined with Manchester United's 2-1 win over Bolton Wanderes enabled United to take possession of the top spot in the Premier League. Arsenal meanwhile is climbing up the table after a slow start. Aresnal defeated Bermingham City 3-1 for its fourth straight EPL win. The Gunners are in fourth place in the Premiership with 18 points. However, the win over Birmingham came with a price, as midfielder Theo Walcott suffered a knee injury and is out three to four weeks.
While Arsenal is moving up the charts, Liverpool is going down. Liverpool lost to Sunderland in controversial fashion, as Darren Bent struck a ball five minutes into the match that went off a balloon that was on the field in the penalty area and went into the back net.
- MLS Playoff Preview
- European Recap
- MLS playoff matchups set.
- MLS in CONCACAF Champions League
- UEFA Champions League: A look back
- Look-ahead: MLS' Last Week of the Regular Season
- Donovan collects honors
- La Liga; A look back
- EPL; a look back
- A look back at MLS weekend 29
- US rallies for draw
- Davies injured in car crash
- USA headed to the World Cup
- USA-Honduras Preview
- Eurpoe; a look back
- Injuries riddle U.S. team ahead of Qualifiers
- MLS Weekend Oct. 2-4; A Look Back
- Serie A Look-ahead
- La Liga look-ahead
- US Roster for World Cup Qualifiers named
- Premier League look-ahead, October 3-4
- MLS Weekend preview October 2-4
- USA-Honduras to go on as scheduled
- UEFA Champions League review
- CONCACAF Champions League review
- ▼ October (25)