One MLS team is in the quarterfinals, another is out and a third team will have its fate decided today.
The Columbus Crew played to a 1-1 draw with the Puerto Rico Islanders on Tuesday. Trailing 1-0 after , Emilio Renteria scored the equalizer in the 74th minute to get the Crew to eight points, three better than Saprissa, but the Crew holds the tiebreaker over Saprissa, having them defeated them on the road and earning a draw at Crew Stadium.
While the Crew move on, the Houston Dynamo saw its Champions League campaign come to an end as they fell to host Metaplan 3-2. Houston needed a win to advance to the knockout round, but fell behind early in the match 2-0 until goals by Geoff Cameron in the 28th minute and keeper Toby Hall just before halftime gave Houston new life. Metaplan however got the winning goal in the 56th minute, as Emerson Umana scored off a deflected free kick.
DC United played to a 1-1 tie with host Toluca. Chris Pontius scored for DC United just five minute into the match, but Toluca got the equalizer in the 62nd minute. Lawson Vaughn fouled Israel Lopez in the box, and Lopez buried the penalty shot. DC United needs Jabloteh to defeat or tie Marathon tonight to ensure qualification to the next round.
- MLS Playoff Preview
- European Recap
- MLS playoff matchups set.
- MLS in CONCACAF Champions League
- UEFA Champions League: A look back
- Look-ahead: MLS' Last Week of the Regular Season
- Donovan collects honors
- La Liga; A look back
- EPL; a look back
- A look back at MLS weekend 29
- US rallies for draw
- Davies injured in car crash
- USA headed to the World Cup
- USA-Honduras Preview
- Eurpoe; a look back
- Injuries riddle U.S. team ahead of Qualifiers
- MLS Weekend Oct. 2-4; A Look Back
- Serie A Look-ahead
- La Liga look-ahead
- US Roster for World Cup Qualifiers named
- Premier League look-ahead, October 3-4
- MLS Weekend preview October 2-4
- USA-Honduras to go on as scheduled
- UEFA Champions League review
- CONCACAF Champions League review
- ▼ October (25)