A thriller at Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday was the highlight of the week that was in UEFA Champions League play over the week.
AC Milan stole an important three points from Real Madrid with a come-from-behind 3-2 win. Raul scored for Madrid in the 19th minute, but Milan came back with two goals inside a four-minute span, as Andrea Pirlo equalized in the 62nd minute and Alexandre Pato gave Milan the lead with a 66th minute strike.
Milan responded, as Royston Drenthe curled a shot past Milan keeper Dida in the 76th minute, but Pato won the game for Milan with 10-yard strike in the 88th minute. Milan now finds itself in a tie with Milan for first place in Group C.
Elsewhere, FC Barcelona lost at home to FC Rubin Kazaan 2-1, which allowed them as well as Dynamo Kiev to catch Barca atop the Group F standings, but Liverpool is slipping fast in Group E, as it lost to Lyon 2-1 and is now third in the group.
- MLS Playoff Preview
- European Recap
- MLS playoff matchups set.
- MLS in CONCACAF Champions League
- UEFA Champions League: A look back
- Look-ahead: MLS' Last Week of the Regular Season
- Donovan collects honors
- La Liga; A look back
- EPL; a look back
- A look back at MLS weekend 29
- US rallies for draw
- Davies injured in car crash
- USA headed to the World Cup
- USA-Honduras Preview
- Eurpoe; a look back
- Injuries riddle U.S. team ahead of Qualifiers
- MLS Weekend Oct. 2-4; A Look Back
- Serie A Look-ahead
- La Liga look-ahead
- US Roster for World Cup Qualifiers named
- Premier League look-ahead, October 3-4
- MLS Weekend preview October 2-4
- USA-Honduras to go on as scheduled
- UEFA Champions League review
- CONCACAF Champions League review
- ▼ October (25)