DC United moved one step closer to moving onto the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Champions League tournament as it routed San Juan Jabloteh 5-1 at RFK Stadium. Christian Gomez scored two goals and assisted Thabiso Kumalo's goal in the 43rd minute.
The Columbus Crew saw an opportunity to seal a quarterfinal birth slip away as it played to a 1-1 draw with Saprissa. Robbie Rogers scored for the Crew on a penalty kick in the 27th minute and Columbus seemed headed for victory, but Alexander Robinson scored on a penalty kick in stoppage time to salvage the point. Columbus can sitll clinch a trip to the quarterfinals if it defeats the Puerto Rico Islanders on October 20.
Unlike Columbus and DCU, the Houston Dynamo are now teetering on the brink of elimination after falling to Pachuca 1-0. Edgar Benitez's strike in the 23rd minute held up and helped Pachuca book its ticket to the next round. Houston can still advance to the quarterfinals, but only if it defeats Isidro Metapan on October 21 and Pachuca defeats Arabe Unido.
- MLS Playoff Preview
- European Recap
- MLS playoff matchups set.
- MLS in CONCACAF Champions League
- UEFA Champions League: A look back
- Look-ahead: MLS' Last Week of the Regular Season
- Donovan collects honors
- La Liga; A look back
- EPL; a look back
- A look back at MLS weekend 29
- US rallies for draw
- Davies injured in car crash
- USA headed to the World Cup
- USA-Honduras Preview
- Eurpoe; a look back
- Injuries riddle U.S. team ahead of Qualifiers
- MLS Weekend Oct. 2-4; A Look Back
- Serie A Look-ahead
- La Liga look-ahead
- US Roster for World Cup Qualifiers named
- Premier League look-ahead, October 3-4
- MLS Weekend preview October 2-4
- USA-Honduras to go on as scheduled
- UEFA Champions League review
- CONCACAF Champions League review
- ▼ October (25)