Guillermo Barros Schelotto came to the rescue for the Columbus Crew on Sunday, as his two goals rallied Columbus from a 2-0 halftime deficit and the Crew salvaged the draw with the Fire in a crucial Eastern Conference showdown at Toyota Park.
The draw enables the Crew (11-4-10, 43 points) to remain in the drivers seat in the East, as it is still three points ahead of the Fire (10-6-10, 40 points). More importantly to the Crew, they are now tied witht he Houston Dynamo in the race for the Supporters Shield.
The Fire broke out quickly to start the match. Peter Lowry scored six muntes later and added another goal in the 35th minute. The Crew however pulled one back on a Schelotto score in the 55th minute. Schelotto later converted a penalty kick in the 78th minute for the equalizer.
- List of WPS Free Agents
- WPS news
- List of UEFA Champions League matchups for Wednesd...
- UEFA Champions League Preview
- Wigan upsets Chelsea
- Soccer week in review
- MLS look ahead, September 26-27
- MLS announces 2010 Home openers
- Premier League look-ahead, September 26-27
- Crew stumble again vs. Cruz Azul
- CONCACAF Champions League: Houston vs. Arabe Unido...
- Manchester classic
- Columbus Crew 2, Chicago Fire 2
- Final: Galaxy 2, Toronto FC 0
- Start of the second half
- 1-0 Galaxy at the half.
- Galaxy Goal!!!
- The Galaxy's first scoring chance.......
- As promised
- Update from Home Depot Center
- Live from the Home Depot Center
- Premier League weekend
- MLS Weekend September 18-20.
- MLS Tidbits
- MLS to break during World Cup 2010
- ▼ September (25)