The story of the weekend in the Premiership has to be Chelsea falling to Wigna Athletic 3-1 at The DW Stadium on Saturday.
The loss marked the first time this season that Chelsea has lost a match, and coupled with Manchester United's 2-0 win over Stoke City means the two clubs are now tied atop the Premiership table, with Liverpool and Tottenham only three points behind.
Wigan's first blow came in the 16th minute when Titus Bramble opened the scoring. Wigna took the lead into the halftime break, but gave it up just a minute into the second half, as Didier Drogba scored the equalizer.
However, the match turned in the 53rd minute when Chelsea keeper Petr Cech recieved a red card for tripping Hugo Rodallega. Rodallega then put the penalty shot past Henrique Hilario to wrestle the lead back. Paul Scharner then struck in stoppage to complete the stunning victory for Wigan.
- List of WPS Free Agents
- WPS news
- List of UEFA Champions League matchups for Wednesd...
- UEFA Champions League Preview
- Wigan upsets Chelsea
- Soccer week in review
- MLS look ahead, September 26-27
- MLS announces 2010 Home openers
- Premier League look-ahead, September 26-27
- Crew stumble again vs. Cruz Azul
- CONCACAF Champions League: Houston vs. Arabe Unido...
- Manchester classic
- Columbus Crew 2, Chicago Fire 2
- Final: Galaxy 2, Toronto FC 0
- Start of the second half
- 1-0 Galaxy at the half.
- Galaxy Goal!!!
- The Galaxy's first scoring chance.......
- As promised
- Update from Home Depot Center
- Live from the Home Depot Center
- Premier League weekend
- MLS Weekend September 18-20.
- MLS Tidbits
- MLS to break during World Cup 2010
- ▼ September (25)