It was an opportunity for Mancehster City that came up short in heart-breaking fashion.
Yet in the end, Manchester United showed why it is still one of the top clubs in the world, let alone the big dog in Manchester, as a stoppage time strike by Michael Owen enabld Man U to steal a 4-3 win over Man City at the Old Trafford.
United never trailed in the match, but each time it jumped ahead, City rallied for the equalizer. The last equalizer came from Craig Bellamy, whose goal in stoppage time appeared to have salvaged a draw for City, but extended stoppage time gave United enough time, and Owen won the first leg of the Manchester derby with a strike in the fifth minute of stoppage time.
- List of WPS Free Agents
- WPS news
- List of UEFA Champions League matchups for Wednesd...
- UEFA Champions League Preview
- Wigan upsets Chelsea
- Soccer week in review
- MLS look ahead, September 26-27
- MLS announces 2010 Home openers
- Premier League look-ahead, September 26-27
- Crew stumble again vs. Cruz Azul
- CONCACAF Champions League: Houston vs. Arabe Unido...
- Manchester classic
- Columbus Crew 2, Chicago Fire 2
- Final: Galaxy 2, Toronto FC 0
- Start of the second half
- 1-0 Galaxy at the half.
- Galaxy Goal!!!
- The Galaxy's first scoring chance.......
- As promised
- Update from Home Depot Center
- Live from the Home Depot Center
- Premier League weekend
- MLS Weekend September 18-20.
- MLS Tidbits
- MLS to break during World Cup 2010
- ▼ September (25)